The A.C.T.S. (Adoration, Community, Theology, Service) Retreat, as offered through St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church, is one visible sign of this community living out its mission “to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all God’s people through work and action.” This evangelization retreat experience is intended to be a doorway through which individuals gain a deeper understanding of what it means to be an active, conscious, participating member of St Mark the Evangelist parish and the larger Catholic Church. The primary purpose of A.C.T.S. is to strengthen this parish as a Eucharistic Catholic Community, through renewed participation in worship, fellowship and service.
A.C.T.S. Core Team Philosophy
The A.C.T.S. Core Team recognizes the call to help the parish family attain a deeper relationship with the Lord and with fellow parishioners through Adoration, Community, Theology, and Service. Under the direction of the pastor, the A.C.T.S. Core Team seeks to support, direct and guide the A.C.T.S. community in its evangelization efforts.
A.C.T.S. Core Team Goals
- Evangelize as many parish members as possible to a communal faith experience.
- Coordinate diverse prayer opportunities that are meaningful and representative of the liturgical celebrations of St. Mark the Evangelist parish.
- Help participants understand Vatican II teachings about the Catholic faith.
- Facilitates participant's discernment of their personal gifts after their retreat experience.
- Encourage them to use their gifts in building up the Kingdom of God.
- Develop a love of the Sacred Scriptures as they are used in the day-to-day liturgies of the Church.
- Increase awareness of the variety of ministries that are part of the St. Mark parish community.
2016 A.C.T.S. Retreats
Men's Retreat | November 10-13, 2016 | Registration Form
Men in Recovery Retreat | December 1-4, 2016 | Registration Form
2017 A.C.T.S. Retreats
Women's Retreat | January 5-8 | Registration Form
Spanish Men's Retreat | March 23-25 (2pm Return Mass)
Women in Recovery Retreat | May 18-21
Men in Recovery | June 1-4
Spanish Women's Retreat |July 13-16 (2pm Return Mass)
Men's Retreat | November 16-19
Men in Recovery Retreat | December 7-10
Information for Retreat Teams (Password Protected)
ACTS Inventory Instructions
ACTS Inventory List by Ministry